Sunday, January 8, 2017

WWII Movies

Some of you asked about WWII movies (or WWII era). I put a couple collages together of film options. Some are more SERIOUS and HISTORICALLY based than others. I actually have not watched all of these. So, I'm not an expert, nor do I take responsibility for anything depicted in these films.

First, I would personally recommend these two fantastic HBO series:


Band of Brothers (based on the book of the same name by author Stephen Ambrose, miniseries created by Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks) follows an airborne unit throughout their experiences in Europe during WWII (you will see a clip from this soon).

It is AMAZING.


The Pacific is very well done too (also made by Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks; they are supposedly working on a third series for HBO based on the air war).

Below you will find a couple more collages of WWII era films. My favorites are Saving Private Ryan and Schindler's List. Both are difficult to watch, especially Schindler's List. Both are graphic and will most likely upset you, either for the physical violence or the emotional abuse depicted. 

Disclaimer: Before watching any films, you should get your parents' permission. Many are rated R. I am not responsible for any of you choosing to watch films against your parents' wishes.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks you very much for sharing these links. Will definitely check this out..
    letmewatchthismoviedownloads.com/the-pirate-bay-free-movie-downloads/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This article was written by a real thinking writer. I agree many of the with the solid points made by the writer. I’ll be back. buy dvd the last ship season 4

    ReplyDelete